Daily Pub Quiz
See if there is interest for this.
1. Each day I will post 10 questions, at random times of the day.
2. Each Quiz runs exactly 24 hours.
3. The first person that has all 10 questions right, wins. Or if no one has all questions right, the best one wins.
4. You can only post answers ONCE for the same quiz.
5. No cash involved. Just glory. :)
Lady Emerald Devon
3.T - I have ham sushi in Tokyo.
4. F -I saw Japanese people in Tokyo eating in their hands.
6. Uh.. I think it's called something different in Japan but I don't know if Sake means shrimp.
Bonus. T and Greyling's answer sounds good. :)
4.false(thats right lady emerald!)
6.false(i think,coz shrimp means ebi here)
7.false(i've never ate a grasshopper before in my sushi)
ok, i have to post answers because i'm going away on a vacation:
1. true - in its first incarnation, Sushi was known as a preserved fish product. yuck!
2. false - now, sushi actually refers to the special rice used and any toppings put on it. If you want to order raw fish without the special sushi rice, you'd ask for sashimi.
3. true - yes, some sushi has meats like beef and ham. and some is vegetarian, so you don't have to like fish to like sushi :)
4. false - it is ok to eat sushi with your fingers, despite what some people say! don't eat sashimi with your fingers though!
5. true - wasabi was found to have anti-bacterial activities, even some that inhibit tooth decay. But i wouldn't brush my teeth with it...:)
6. False - sake is the word for the japanese alcohol drink and salmon, not shrimp. Shrimp is known as ebi.
7. True - grasshopper, or inago, is a special type of sushi, of Nagano prefecture. Don't worry, the grasshopper is not raw - it is roasted. I never ate it and never will, though.
8. Sorry! I don't know what happened to number 8 :)
9. True - they made it in hawaii. why? i don't know what the obsession with very large food is. silly guinness book of world records.
10. True - Fugu/blowfish has very poisonous parts that are discarded and burned so no one can eat them! It happened because homeless people went through the trash of a fugu restaurant and ate the very poisonous parts and died.
Bonus - False...but i guess the wording on this was very tricky. In fact, a sushi chef-in-training will spend up to 2-3 years learning how to make the rice. They say the sushi rice makes up over half of the flavour of a piece of sushi, so it is very important. But it beats the first year or two of sushi chef training, where you are to be an "observer" while sweeping the floors and doing other cleaning. All in all, a sushi chef training can take up to 10 years!
Dr. Lucifer Jones
I can say that Sushi Kitty wins right about now.
uh, no i didn't win, because I am the one who posted the original questions. these are the answers to the quiz : )
I think LED wins. these true/false are hard to count. I feel like a school teacher.
Oki, closing in on 24 hours with NO QUIZ!!!! So although I didn't quit cut the sushi in the previous one, I'll post the next one anyway :p
- hope you won't be too disappointed with the theme on this one, Rosa ;)
Baby, you can drive my car
1) Which kind of car does Inspector Linley drive? – yeah, I know, one of the softballs
2) Which car does Inspector Morse drive?
3) Which car did Magnum drive around in?
4) What is the time machine made from in the "Back to the Future"?
5) Which type of car is Herbie?
6) Which kind of car was used in "The Italian Job"?
7) Which car did 007 drive in "Goldfinger"?
8) Janis Joplin prayed for the good Lord to provide her with this car.
9) Originally song by Bruce Springsteen, Natalie Cole loved getting to cruise in this car in the late 80s.
10) What was the codename of the elusive unicorn car in “"Gone in Sixty Seconds"?
11) Which type of car did James Dean drive in his fatal road accident?
Bonus: What was the nickname of Dean's car?
Cars are defenitely not my forte, but I'll try:
1. Bristol something (I think it was among the little jobs questions)
5. Volkswagen (bug)
7. Aston something?
8. Mercedes Benz
hmmm I'm not much of a petrol-head...
3. Red Ferrari
4. a car :)
6. Mini (Cooper?)
7. Aston Martin
8. Mercedes Benz? (Oh Lord won't you buy me a ... was that her?)
9. Pink Cadilac (Did Bruce wirte that... ok...:s)
10. Is that the one with Nicholas Cage... I think it was a Mustang of some kind...
11. Silver Porsche Spyder - The Little Bastard
3) camaro or ferrari?
5) VW Bug
7) Begin movie-Aston Martin, end movie-porche
8) mercedes benz
10) unicorn? All i can think of is Eleanor the shelby mustang.
wow, great quiz Greyling!
I am NOT a car fan, but here goes nothing:
3. Red Ferrari
4. Silver DeLorean
5. VW Bug
6. The ones that everyone went ga-ga over were Mini-Coopers.
7. he usually drove an Aston-Martin in the old ones.
8. not a clue
9. seem to think Squirrel's right with the Pink Cadillac.
10. They were all girls' names, and the one was some kind of Mustang. I remember it was one of my aunts' names. Oh, yeah, Jr's right, I think it was Eleanor.
11. not a clue
Bonus: same thing