Yeah, the limerick sure is an art form. Is it YOUR art form? Show us!
Yes, it's the Sleuth Limerick contest. Let's get all the icky rule stuff out of the way.
* Limerick should be about Sleuth Noir OR a murder mystery OR about a detective or crime.
* You can put in as many entries as you like :)
* Entries must follow standard limerick rhythm and rhyming patterns (see example below)
* Limericks are usually, historically speaking, vulgar. Let's not go that route in this contest, thanks.
* Spelling counts, etc. As always.
* Entries must be posted by 11:59 PM server time on December 31, 2007
There are prizes to be had!! Happy, happy prizes, all waiting for YOU, yes, YOU! to win them.
* Subscribed winner(s) will receive Sleuthcash. Yay, sleuthcash! Who wants to be a millionaire? YOU DO! (okay, just for the record, I'm not giving away a million dollars in Sleuthcash - more like $100,000)
* Unsubscribed winner(s) will receive a one month gift subscription and $50,000 Sleuthcash. WOOT!
This example was written by that famous author, Anonymous. Okay, fine, I wrote it. :-P
There once was a tough but smart chump
Whose client was charmingly plump,
He tracked down the killer -
T'was Thomas, the miller!
Thus breaking his false accuse slump.
If you need more information about the rhythm, try this (ripped right from Wikipedia): "There WAS a young MAN from the COAST;" "There ONCE was a GIRL from DeTROIT..."
Basically, syllable-wise, 8,8,6,6,8 with a rhyme scheme of A,A,B,B,A
ROFL!! You guys are bonkers.
We've got some really great entries, keep 'em coming, people!!
But, oh yeah, if you want to take a break while you celebrate your holiday, well, I guess that's cool. :-P *watches the presents wrap themselves*
The gown had nothing to do with whiskey as I don't drink it, I drink Budweiser, allow me to explain:
Things in The Dawg Pound were slow
ctown needed to make some extra dough
While looking for work
He found one with a perk,
The lead in the Rocky Horror Picture Show!!!