Sleuth Home - Message Boards - Message Board Game Room


0 0
The Resistance: Steepers vs. Tigers
  <<First Page  |  <Previous Next>  |  Last Page>>  

Bela Talbot III
Bela Talbot III
Con Artist

Jul-1-2015 09:01

The rival factions of the city of Shangri-La have been at odds for years. The Tigers seek to crush all opposition to the Prince’s rule, while the Tea Steepers are disapproving of the new Prince’s disregard for the peaceful traditions of Shangri-La.

To complicate an already fragile state of co-existence, quite a few nemesis hunters have gained the trust of both factions. Both factions, while obliged to be cordial to their new saviours, are feeling uneasy with what is apparently the new status-quo. The Prince’s soldiers have worked to ensured that the Monastery is off-limits to all visitors to Shangri-La, but this hasn’t stopped the Steepers from finding detectives sympathetic to their cause and collaborating with them " and the Tigers know it.

With the haunting clickety-clack-clack of countless pairs of Polka Dot Pumps ringing in his ears, the Chief of the Tigers of Shangri-La resolves to destroy the Tea Steepers once and for all. The Tea Steepers, fully aware of the plans the Tigers have in store for them, put together a team of detectives to put their plan into action. The wise monks of Shangri-La (after a few brainstorming sessions with the Scholars of Shangri-La " because you can never escape the Scholars of Shangri-La) know that there is but one way to protect their campaign against what they believe to be the Prince’s oppressive rule. However, the Prince’s Chief of Security has managed to sneak a few trusted informers onto the team.

Will the Steepers succeed? Will their champions succumb to the scheming of the spies? Will we ever figure out what's going on with Rasputin’s Egg? How many Sparkly Vests are the Tigers slowly processing to create"? Whoa, I nearly gave the game away there. Anyway, let’s find out!

Replies

Molly Maltese
Molly Maltese
Old Shoe

Jul-6-2015 11:32

Hm, I see your logic but now I really feel you are pulling my leg! Rules of the game are that spies know the identity of their co-conspirator and Resistance members only know their own allegiance, correct Bela? At least this is true of games past, not sure if its changed. You would know your co-conspirator and would have no reason to vote down the mission unless they were also not on the mission.

Which means if you really WERE a spy, you would really only vote no because you know that neither Sal or I are spies and so the mission surely would succeed. This would leave one other conspirator hiding among the other two.

However, its more likely that you are not since you at least claim not to know your co-conspirator, and you would. Which means if you and I are not spies, then two of the other three fit the bill, and its a devils gamble as to whether Sal is one of those two. Do I figure correctly? :)

Yeti Face
Yeti Face
Pinball Amateur

Jul-6-2015 12:01

Assuming we were playing a hypothetical game where I were not a spy, and you were not a spy, and that a 'devils gamble' means a bet you are unlikely to lose, then yes I'd say it'd be worth taking a devils gamble on Sal being a spy.

In the real world of Sleuth however, I am a spy, and I'd bet that you or Sal as being my co-conspirator. Bela had an unfortunate case of sieve brain you see, and forgot to tell me who my co-conspirator was over PM.

Molly Maltese
Molly Maltese
Old Shoe

Jul-6-2015 12:11

Haha! The plot thickens! However Yeti dear, I'm sure that since you are a spy, Bela would be more than happy to message you your co-conspirator so that you and whomever it is, Sal or no- can plot together instead of you trodding the boards all alone. :)

I somehow just can't bring myself to believe you are a spy, but hopefully that doesn't nip me in the butt later on!

Yeti Face
Yeti Face
Pinball Amateur

Jul-6-2015 12:33

For all I know Molly, you've considered this entire conversation one of veiled plotting.

I've asked for a co-conspirator list to be sent to me, but I haven't received it yet. In a recent PM Bela described me as a "dirty filthy bird-pecking [person]". Given she clearly hates me, perhaps it wasn't so much a case of sieve brain as it was malice.

Molly Maltese
Molly Maltese
Old Shoe

Jul-6-2015 13:49

Oh dear, that is tragic Yeti. I'm sure that must make things very difficult for you. :)

Bela Talbot III
Bela Talbot III
Con Artist

Jul-6-2015 21:05

That's correct, Molly, Resistance members are sure of only their own allegiance while spies know who their co-conspirators are, in this game and all the others I've seen. This whole thing isn't so much a case of my sieve brain as it is the alarming prospect of Yeti being clever...

No cause for alarm yet :)

Bela Talbot III
Bela Talbot III
Con Artist

Jul-6-2015 22:25

Mission 1:

"What's he on about anyway, take this...thing...to the - where again?", Molly asks Sal, as they head to the caves. Sal led the way, stopping occasionally to consult the map he'd brought along. "It's an egg, apparently, hidden in...pants. Rasputin's Egg. You know it", he said. Facing the cave entrance, they shuddered as they remembered Yeti lunging for the pants screaming "NO!!! Where's my co-spy, I don't who you are; help me get the pants!!!!", as everybody stared at him, not knowing what to make of it. In the distance, a few peacocks threw their heads up and made a sound that was part-screech, part-squawk and part-wail. Yeti quailed at this, as Molly and Sal set out somewhat hurriedly.

"These stupid caves again", Molly muttered as they turned west, north, east and south (yes, so that's every which way; not exactly that many times or in that order though). Suddenly, the narrow passageway opened out into a large space. "These meditation pools! Right.", Molly said. "What do we do now?", asked Sal, folding the map. There were monks in small groups all around the pool, but the steady "drip drip drip" of the water was the only sound to be heard.

"Detectives! Do you have it?", a young monk stepped out from behind them, his hands outstretched. "Um, sure. You guys seem legit; I present to you, your salvation.", Molly said, beaming. "Wonderful.", the monk returned the smile. "Now, you must join the other detectives; we shall need your help again."

"Wait, what about the Egg...and the salvation...and the salvation! I thought there was going to be a miracle!", Molly said, crossing her arms indignantly. "Surely you didn't think you could witness it? We need your...expertise elsewhere. Thank you, detectives.", the monk replied, in a voice that brooked no argument.

Bela Talbot III
Bela Talbot III
Con Artist

Jul-6-2015 22:35

"Those rotten, rotten, good-for-nothing little...", Molly muttered to herself as the two monks who'd escorted them back to the cave entrance turned to leave. "They didn't even think about a map!", Sal wondered aloud. "At least the mission was a success.", he said, as they made their way back to the other three.

(I promise I didn't want to write such a big nothing, (with emphasis on big) it just kind of happened. I think I'll slack off for a while now.)

The mission was a SUCCESS! The Resistance lead 1-0.

The votes were, obviously:

???SUCCEED
???SUCCEED

Riza Hawkeye will be the next leader.

Where's that List?!

Molly Maltese
Riza Hawkeye
Yeti Face
Sal Iva
DevilishWings

Riza has the STRONG LEADER card, the only one in play at the moment, but I don't think she feels like stealing from herself.

Bela Talbot III
Bela Talbot III
Con Artist

Jul-6-2015 23:02

Mission 2:

"Detectives, I'm glad I found you all together. I suppose it's time we tell you how we plan to stop the Tigers from taking full control of Shangri-La and its creatures. We've come to the decision that we must do what we do best: get a bunch of sleuths to bring us bizarre items. We need a Feathered Pillbox Hat. But in these troubled times, no ordinary feathered pillbox hat will do, if indeed any feathered pillbox hat can be considered normal. We need the hat the Tea Merchant here in Shangri-La has been hiding. It was given to her by a most illustrious detective, and we need to take possession of it before the Tigers can get their hands on it. We need to assemble...oh! Perhaps I can tell you later. I think I heard barking, it gets awfully hungry sometimes. Three of you should be able to get it without any problem. It would be best if Miss Mallory were unaware of the...whole thing. I really have to go...please, take care of it.", the monk said, turning to Riza, before running out.

Riza, please propose a team of THREE players for Mission 2 (you may put yourself on the team). Once Riza proposes her team, everybody will vote on whether on not they approve the team proposal by PMing me. If a majority approves it, the mission starts; if not, leadership passes onto Yeti. Your power (which you can give to anybody, including yourself) is...

IN THE SPOTLIGHT: The player that receives this power may force a team member on any mission to post succeed or sabotage a mission publicly (on the thread), instead of privately via PM.

*Can be used at any time (before mission results are revealed).

Yeti Face
Yeti Face
Pinball Amateur

Jul-7-2015 01:22

It'll surprise you all to know, but I am not actually a spy. No, I am in fact a member of the glorious Steeper resistance, who went undercover to try and obtain information about our foes. We know from the vote that a spy must have been on the last mission, what we do not know is whether that spy is Molly or Sal. Therefore the spy has blundered by not sabotaging when they had the opportunity, and have helped our cause.

The second spy must be Riza or Devi. Riza, I believe Devi is the second spy. She's usually so chatty, whereas since the game started she has not said a word, which I imagine to be a sign of her trying to conceal her identity. You have not said a word either, but that is how you'd act regardless of whether you were a spy.

I'm leaning towards Sal being the first spy, as if he were then it's game perfect to how he acted in the last game he played. Therefore Riza I recommend a team of yourself, myself, and Molly for this mission, and using your power on Molly. If you are truly a Resistor I imagine my thoughts are ones you've already had.

  <<First Page  |  <Previous Next>  |  Last Page>>  

[ You must login to reply ]