Daily Pub Quiz
See if there is interest for this.
1. Each day I will post 10 questions, at random times of the day.
2. Each Quiz runs exactly 24 hours.
3. The first person that has all 10 questions right, wins. Or if no one has all questions right, the best one wins.
4. You can only post answers ONCE for the same quiz.
5. No cash involved. Just glory. :)
1 + f?
2 + c
3 + d
4 + e
5 + g?
6 + b
7 + a?
a. Firefighters (or maybe monks?)
c. Doctors? Seeing eye dogs to help blind people?
e. Mountains Rescuers or whatever you call them
1 + D + a + ii = Wuthering Heights
2 + F + c + iii? = ?
3 + E + b + i = Cats
4 + B + e + vi? = Lucy in the Sky with Diamonds or maybe I'm the Walrus?
5 + A + d + iv? = Goodbye Yellow Brick Road?
6 + C + f + v = ?
5. g ?
a. Dalmations are used in firefighting
b. canaries were used in mining to check co2 levels in the pits
c. Labradors are guide dogs
d. Cormorants were used by the ancients for their fishing abilities
e. St. Bernards: The swiss used them for herding but I think its mountain rescue
1. D a ii "Wuthering heights"
2. F c iii "Romeo and Juliet"
3. E b i "cats"
4. B e v?
5. A d iv?
6. C f vi?
Thats the best I can do.
1. + f.
2. + c.
3. + d.
4. + e.
5. + g.
6. + b.
7. + a.
c. Guide Dogs for the Blind
e. Rescue (Mountain)
1= D, a, ii "Wuthering Heights"
2= F, c, iii "(Just Like) Romeo and Juliet"
3= E, b, i "Cats"
4= B, e, v "Gates of Eden?"
5= A, d, iv "Goodbye, Yellow Brick Road"
6= C, f, vi "I Am the Walrus?"--Just Silly but my best guess
PS--White Rabbit was written by Grace Slick, no diss to Kate Bush ;)
Proudly brought to you by my lack of interest in the work piling up on my desk...
I. Match these singing and/or song-writing duos...
1. Daryl Dragon + f. Toni Tenille (The Captain & Tenille lol)
2. Benny Andersson + c. Björn Ulvaeus (Abba)
3. Richard Rogers + d. Oscar Hamerstein (Oklahoma, Sound of Music etc)
4. Paul McCartney + e. John Lennon (Beatles)
5. Amy Ray + g. Emily Saliers (Indigo Girls)
6. Bernie Taupin + b. Elton John
7. Alain Boublil + a. Claude-Michel Schönberg (Les Miserables)
II. What professions are these animals commonly linked to?
a. Dalmation - Fire fighing
b. canary - Mining
c. Labrador - Guide dog for the Blind
d. Cormorant - Fishing
e. St. Bernard - Rescue (Mountain)
1. Heathcliffe > D. Wuthering Heights > a. Emily Bronte > ii. Kate Bush = WUTHERING HEIGHTS (All time fave Kate Bush song...)
2. Romeo > F. Romeo and Juliet > c. Shakespeare > iii. Mark Knopfler > ROMEO & JULIET (prefer Indigo Girls version)
3. Macavity > E. Old Possum's Book Of Practical Cats > b. T.S. Elliott > i. Andrew Lloyd Webber = CATS
4. The Cheshire Cat > B. Alice's Adventrue's in Wonderland > e. Lewis Carroll > iv. Elton John = GOODBYE YELLOW BRICK ROAD
5. Dorothy > A. The Wonderful Wizard Of Oz > d. L. Frank Baum > vi. The Beatles = I AM THE WALRUS
6. Virgil > C. The Inferno (The Divine Comedy) > f. Dante > v. Bob Dylan = TANGLED UP IN BLUE (no arguments this one was hard)
Winner to be tabulated as soon as I work it out myself :)
lol that took so long to work out... *drumroll* Cynderbear by the oh so narrowest of margins from Greyling.
Out on the wiley, windy moors
Wed roll and fall in green.
You had a temper like my jealousy:
Too hot, too greedy.
How could you leave me,
When I needed to possess you?
I hated you. I loved you, too.
................ Kate Bush ........................
Since today is after all today:
"By Jove, I am not covetous for gold,
Nor care I who doth feed upon my cost;
It yearns me not if men my garments wear;
Such outward things dwell not in my desires:
But if it be a sin to covet honour,
I am the most offending soul alive."
I demand a recount!! (sorry Cynder).
Is it St. Crispin's Day?
Well there you go...
But I still say tough!
Judges verdict is final!
Well, the judge sucks
4. The Cheshire Cat > B. Alice's Adventrue's in Wonderland > e. Lewis Carroll > iv. Elton John = GOODBYE YELLOW BRICK ROAD - really??
rofl... what's your point?
Do you by any chance have a competitive streak? lol
4. The Cheshire Cat > B. Alice's Adventrue's in Wonderland > e. Lewis Carroll > vi. The Beatles > I AM THE WALRUS
5. Dorothy > A. The Wonderful Wizard Of Oz > d. L. Frank Baum > iv. Elton John = GOODBYE YELLOW BRICK ROAD
A lesser person (lol) might once again say 'results stand'... but in the interests of the integrity of the Pub Quiz (if not the competitors) I amend my result to declare Greyling the winner. Closely followed by Cynderbear.
Anyway I better get back to my hunt so I can finish and get ready for the Champions round of the AVL...
*lol* - wasn't my point that the judge sucked pretty clear ;p
And no, I don't think I'm any more competitive than the next person - *she said while batting her eyelashes* - if you hadn't brought up the margins, I wouldn't have objected in the least bit :D
Anyway, Cynder, if you have an idea for the next quiz, you're more than welcome to it as I only have this emergency idea up my sleeve that won't be very creative :) - so a couple of hours or else it'll be the emergency idea ;D