Greetings, fellow Sleuths! The time has come once again for the annual Sleuthville Arch-Villain Hunt Tournament, where experienced detectives and newcomers alike come together to show off their villain-nabbing skills and make the city a safer place. What better way to spend a hot summer day than with a little friendly competition?
The format will be 16 detectives, randomly paired off into teams of two by a third party, to face one other team. (This hunt will go forward only if there are enough players participating . If not, the tournament will be cancelled altogether.)
- As soon as you are matched up with your partner, please POST your team name on this thread.
- Either PM me or POST here as soon as possible if you find that your hunt goes through Cairo, so I can keep accurate records.
- In the spirit of competition, trash-talking is allowed and encouraged, just as long as it is friendly and appropriate.
- You may not PM me to ask for any AVH hunt help or advice.
- If you are unable to compete in a round for whatever reason, you are allowed to ask someone to sub in for you for that round only. This privilege may only be used once per team, and only in emergencies. The player who is subbing in for you may be anyone who is not competing in the current round, even someone who was not initially entered in the competition.
-You bear the responsibility of making sure your partner shows up. No replacements are allowed in this case.
-Travel to Shangri-La the night before, but NOT start the hunt
-Use a Compact Travel Kit
-Use head of faction privileges
-Use agencies and apartments to swap gear
You may not (enforced only by the honor code):
-Use sidekick cases (for either clues or travel)
-Enter second/third detectives etc.
I reserve the right to disqualify any player from this competition at any time for breaking any of the rules or for behaving inappropriately. All final decisions rest with me.